Simply put, Deep Blue is the most comprehensive and easy-to-use Yacht Management software on the market.
Available in three packages (Pro, Fleet and Custom), Deep Blue is designed expressly for non-IT specialists. The user-friendly interface can be accessed by unlimited, simultaneous users from any device – PC, Mac, iPad, tablet or smart phone – both on-line via secure dedicated servers, or off-line through a local onboard server without an internet connection.
Keep It Simple
This KIS philosophy disguises powerful software to ensure fast and efficient yacht management, reducing the administrative workload of crew and managers, and increasing communication flow between the crew, the management, the owners’ representatives.
The latest V3.1.096 software has 14 modules that provide access 24/7 to every aspect of today’s increasingly complex yacht operations. From accounting and financial reporting, maintenance and inventories, ISM and SMS, to human resources management or calendars for crew and yacht events, Deep Blue can log all the actions and receive approval through the software.
Deep Blue comprises a customisable dashboard and customizable key modules associated with everyday operations and procedures on yachts not always served by other management software. These include:
- Financial: follow in real time and with total transparency accounting operations for crew, management and owner payments and expenses, pending invoices, and give or receive approval.
- Maintenance: allows chief engineers to build custom maintenance programs by area/group/system linked to the electronic Log Book, Spare Parts and Equipment List modules.
- HRM: edit in few clicks crew work schedules, watch duties and rest days on daily/weekly/monthly basis, which can be amended by users to declare real working/rest hours in compliance with yacht and/or MLC regulations.
Developed with the contribution of an experienced group of merchant navy and yachting captains, chief engineers, yacht managers, DPA’s, financial officers, in the four years since launching Deep Blue brand, this unique approach has led to a dedicated following among yachting professionals. To date, over 100 yachts between 25m-120m and numerous management agencies have chosen Deep Blue.
“Deep Blue was included at the start of construction while we were still at shipyard,” says Sebastien Filippi, captain of the 60m Amels M/Y Madame Kate. “We’ve been using Deep Blue for three years and I’m convinced by all the modules of this yacht management software. We can use one interface to control all critical maintenance and procedures, to monitor the Yacht detailed budgets and daily accountings, but also stay alerted of any important issues. It clearly saves us valuable time and paperwork. I wouldn’t be able any more to operate such a Yacht with 18 crew members without Deep Blue, which made us work in a much more professional way.”
Such Feedback from end-users has proved invaluable in refining the product still further and contributed to the new V3.1.096 version of Deep Blue, which introduces some major upgrades that focus in particular on the responsibilities of chief engineers:
- New Equipment List module allowing identification of critical equipment linked to maintenance Tasks and Technical documentation
- Improved Maintenance module with the integration of a 4th level to structure Areas in each details (Area, Group, Item, and Sub-Item)
- Optimized speed for synchronization of Local Server and Master Server (10 times faster)
- New possibilities for accountants in “Finance module” to edit consolidated financial reports using different exchange rates systems